Thai-style Cod Fillets
Cod fillets with a thai-style marinade. Serve with rice.
- 2.5cm ginger
- peeled and chopped
- 1 lime
- zest and juice
- 3 red chillies
- finely chopped
- 440ml canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 x 150g cod fillets
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Put the ginger, lime zest and chillies in a bowl. Pour over the coconut milk, lime juice and fish sauce, and mix well. Add the fish and coat with the marinade. Allow to marinade for at least 2 hours.
When the fish has marinated, preheat the oven to 180C (Gas Mark 4).
Using 4 large sheets of greaseproof paper, put a cod fillet on the centre of each piece.
Strain the marinade and set aside the liquid. Spoon the pieces of ginger, chilli and lime zest over the cod fillets.
Bring the edges of each piece of paper up around the fish and fold over to seal. Put the four parcels in the oven on a baking tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
While the fish is cooking, put the marinade liquid into a pan and bring to the boil. Boil for 3-4 minutes, or until it has thickened slightly.
Unwrap the paper parcels and put a fish fillet onto each plate. Pour over some of the thickened marinade/sauce. Serve with rice.
You can use any white fish fillets in place of the cod - eg haddock, whiting, pollock.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (469 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (236 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Fish with leeks 3.7/5 (171 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.6/5 (149 Votes)