Pasta in a Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 90 g pasta
- 0.25 can chopped tomatoes
- 0.25 onion
- thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 0.25 tsp chilli flakes
- 0.5 tsp oregano
- bunch basil
- 140 ml veg stock
- 0.5 tbsp XV olive oil
- Parmesan to serve
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and basil into large pot. add stock.
Sprinkle chilli flakes and oregano in, and drizzle with oil.
Cover, bring to boil, reduce to a simmer for 10 mins, stirring every 2 mins until almost all liquid gone.
Season, and serve with Parmesan shavings and rocket salad.
Add more vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, spinach, olives or green beans...)
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Baba Ganoush 3.5/5 (151 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.