Easy Cheesy Mac
Macaroni Cheese with bacon, leek and sweetcorn to brighten things up!
- 450g Macaroni
- 60g Butter
- 8tbsp plain flour
- 770ml milk
- 135g Cheddar cheese (grated - or half and half Cheddar and Smoked Applewood)
- 1tsp mustard powder
- 1/2tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 50g Parmesan
- Add other items to taste - we like bacon
- sweetcorn and leek to add flavour and colour
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook Macaroni al dente and run under cold water to cool. Preaheat oven to 180 degrees (fan).
Heat milk in saucepan.
In a separate large pan melt butter and mix in flour to create a roux. Turn heat down low.
Pour milk into roux a little at a time and whisk to create a smooth, thick sauce.
Add mustard, paprika, cheese, salt, pepper and continue to cook for around 10 mins on a low heat - keep stirring.
Flash fry chopped bacon and shredded leek and add that, and sweetcorn if used, to sauce
Add Macaroni to sauce and combine thoroughly. Pour into large ovenproof dish and sprinkle on breadcrumbs and Parmesan
Pop into oven for 10 minutes, remove and place under heated grill for 5 minutes.
Dish up and enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Easy Pasta Bake 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Mexican Pasta bake with a nacho... 3.4/5 (114 Votes)