Tuna Pasta Bake
- 1 small onion
- 1tbs olive oil
- 3tins tuna
- 125g peas (optional)
- 125g sweetcorn (optional)
- 600ml milk
- 25g plain flour
- 25g butter
- 150g hard cheese
- lemon juice
- 1tsp mustard
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Cook the pasta per the packet instructions. Add the oil to a frying pan, finely slice the onion and add to the oil and lightly fry.
Drain the tuna and flake into a bowl. Add the sweetcorn and peas (if using them), the lemon juice and the onion to the tuna. Cover and set aside.
Place the milk, flour and butter in a saucepan and continually whisk until it all mixes and thickens. Cook for 2minutes. Add the mustard and 3/4 of the cheese and mix well.
Drain the pasta and add to the tuna mix and then into the sauce, mix well. Place in an oven proof dish, cover with the remainder of the cheese and cook for 25minutes.
This also works using salmon and trout.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (166 Votes)
- Easy Pasta Bake 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Mexican Pasta bake with a nacho... 3.4/5 (115 Votes)
- Tuna carpaccio with mixed... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tuna bread 3.6/5 (107 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.