Orange sponge cake
- 7 egg whites
- 6 egg yolks
- 225g sifted cake flour
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tp salt
- 2tp orange zest
- 120ml oil
- 180ml orange juice
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 165oC.
Mix cake flour, 250g caster sugar, baking powder, salt and orange zest together.
Make a hole in the center. Add in egg yolks, oil and orange juice. Mix everything well.
In another bowl, beat egg whites until soft and smooth.
Gradually add in 50g caster sugar while mixing. Mix until it becomes shinny and smooth.
Add the egg white mixture into the batter 1/3 at a time until everything is well incorporated.
Pour the batter into a cake tin.
Bake for 55-60 min.
Leave the cake tin upside down and let it cool before removing the cake from the tin.
Dust the cake with icing sugar.
Make sure to tap out air from the batter before baking.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (469 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Apple & Orange Marmalade Cake 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)
- Orange and Semolina cake 3.2/5 (94 Votes)