This cake can be personalised in any way-you could cover it in fondant and decorate it for a birthday cake or smother it with a chocolate ganache.This is also a great recipe to add food colouring to, to make a rainbow cake.
- 350g Self-Raising Flour
- 350g Caster Sugar
- 350g Margarine
- 2tsp Vanilla Extract
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat your oven to 200c/180c Fan and grease your baking tin. Now, beat your sugar and margarine until it becomes light and fluffy with a wooden spoon.
Add one egg with one teaspoon of vanilla extract to the mixture.Once mixed in add your last egg and your other teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Now combine the flour to your batter. After combining the flour your mixture is ready to go into the oven so pour your cake batter into the baking tin then pop into the oven for 55-60 minutes to bake.
When combining the flour with the sugar and margarine mixture add the flour bit by bit.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (234 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Chocolate rainbow cake 3/5 (167 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)
- Apple, Walnut and Cinnamon Cake 3/5 (138 Votes)
- Apple Cake 3.4/5 (97 Votes)
- Santa's train cake 3.5/5 (100 Votes)
- Plain Vanilla Cake 2.6/5 (95 Votes)