Chocolate Doughnut Cake
Anyone with a sweet tooth will love this easy-but-impressive cake!
- 175g unsalted butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g self raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- strawberry jam
- 300g chocolate flavoured cake covering
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
YOU WILL NEED A DOUGHNUT SHAPED CAKE MOULD.
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Whisk eggs briefly with a fork.
Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
Add the eggs, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
Fold in the flour and cocoa powder until evenly coloured.
Dollop evenly into the two halves of the mould.
Cook for 20 mins until well risen, it bounces back when lightly prodded, and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Leave to cool if it's in a silicone mould (removing before cold will encourage it to stick!), then sandwich together with the jam.
Melt the chocolate in a microwave.
Leave to cool to room temperature, but not to the extent that it begins to set in the bowl.
Spoon the chocolate on top of the cake, allowing it to gently run down the sides of the doughnut.
Generously top with sprinkles.
This cake will keep for up to 1 week if you keep it in an airtight container.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (223 Votes)
- Choco-nuts brioche bread and... 3.2/5 (254 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (186 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Easy chocolate yoghurt cake 4.4/5 (119 Votes)