Healthy French Toast
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup low-fat (1-percent) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter or trans-fat-free margarine
- 8 slices firm whole-wheat bread
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
In a pie plate, beat the egg whites, egg, milk, salt and vanilla with a whisk until blended. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter or trans-fat-free margarine on medium heat.
Dip the bread slices, one at a time, in the egg mixture, pressing the bread lightly to coat both sides well. Place 3 or 4 slices in the skillet, and cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until lightly browned on the second side, 3 to 4 minutes.
Transfer the French toast to a cookie sheet; keep warm in the oven. Repeat with remaining butter or margarine, bread slices and egg mixture.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (455 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (250 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (154 Votes)