Cream of Broccoli Soup
Creamy Soup made with Broccoli
- Broccoli Florets - 1 1/2 cups (fresh or frozen)
- Onion - 1/2 (finely sliced)
- Oil - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic - 1 cloves (finely chopped)
- Chilli Flakes - a pinch (optional)
- Vegetable Stock - 500 ml
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Milk/Cream - 1/2 cup
- Fresh Cream - 2 teaspoon (for garnishing)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat oil in a pressure cooker or a saucepan. Add the sliced onions and saute till they begin to soften.
Add chopped garlic and continue to saute. Add chilli flakes - if using.
Add the broccoli florets and stir fry for about a minute. Pour the vegetable stock and let it simmer. Cover and let it cook for about 10 to 12 minutes - if in a saucepan - check after 12 minutes if the broccoli is completely cooked.
Remove from heat and let it cool slightly before blending till smooth.
Once blended - return back to heat and add milk. Bring it to boil and adjust seasoning. Serve hot with slices of Focaccia Caprese or any flavoured bread
To make a basic vegetable stock, saute a sliced onion, sliced carrot, spring onions, black peppercorns and add water.
Let it cook till the vegetables are soft. Strain and use the liquid in the soup.
If you are using stock cubes - follow instructions on the packet and be careful when adding salt as they already contain salt.
Substitute cream for milk to make the soup richer and creamier.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Fish with leeks 3.7/5 (171 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Leek,onion and mushroom pie 3.8/5 (112 Votes)
- Velvety Broccoli and Stilton soup 2.1/5 (61 Votes)