Baked turkey meatballs with broccoli & crispy potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 large carrot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves
- 350g pack turkey mince
- 4 large potatoes
- skin on and cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 350g thin-stemmed broccoli
- bunch basil leaves
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. In a large bowl, combine the onion, carrot, half the garlic and half the rosemary with the turkey and some seasoning. Shape into 16 meatballs and put in a small baking tray. Toss the potatoes with the remaining garlic, rosemary and the oil, place in a baking tray, then cook both for 20 mins, with the potatoes on top shelf.
After 20 mins, drain juices off the meatballs, pour cherry tomatoes over, sprinkle with the Parmesan and season. Toss the potatoes, and swap to bottom shelf with the potatoes on top. Cook for another 20 mins until the potatoes are crisp and the meatball sauce is bubbling.
When the potatoes and meatballs are almost done, cook the broccoli for 3-4 mins, until tender. Sprinkle the basil on top of the meatballs and serve with the crispy potatoes and broccoli.
Nutrition per serving
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (175 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.