Granny's veg soup
- 400g scotch broth mix
- 4 carrots
- 1 leek
- 1 swede
- 2 onions
- 1 medium celery or 2 sml
- Beef stock cube
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
1. Soak the scotch broth mix in cold water for 8-12 hours.
2. Chop all the vegetables and leave to the side.
3. In a separate pot, Boil 1.5litre water and add the beef stock cube.
4. Drain the scotch broth mix and add the to stock water.
5. Add the chopped veg and cook on a simmer for 45 minutes.
6. Can either serve after this or blend the soup to have no big bits in it.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.7/5 (496 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (241 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (197 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.