Tuna Pasta Bake
A popular family meal for all
- 600g pasta
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 600ml milk
- 250g strong cheddar
- 2x160g tuna
- 330g can sweetcorn
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Boil the pasta for 2 minutes less than pack instructions.
Grate the cheese. (Don't forget to test it!)
Drain the tuna and sweetcorn cans.
SAUCE (Do not let Beewee help unless you want a brown, lumpy mush!)
Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
Gradually stir in the milk to make a thick white sauce.
Remove from heat and stir in all but 1 handful of cheese.
Drain the pasta then mix with the white sauce, tuna, sweetcorn and seasoning.
Put pasta into a baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 15-20 mins until the top cheese is golden and starting to brown.
Serve immediately or simply announce that tea is ready, leaving bowls and a serving spoon nearby.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (166 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato Soup 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.