Maple Syrup and Vanilla Cheesecake with Pecan Brittle
- 175 g digestive biscuits
- 50 g butter
- 50 g pecan nuts
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 350 g curd cheese
- 350 g fromage frais
- 3 eggs
- 150 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 vanilla pod
- seeds scraped
- 10 pecans
- 100 g caster sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Place crumbs and nuts in large bowl. Add butter and syrup, mix well.
Press mix to base of 23 cm (9 in) round spring form tin, chill.
Mix cheeses, eggs, syrup, and vanilla in a large bowl.
Pour onto base, bake at 170 C for 30 mins. Turn off oven, and let cake cool inside. Once completely cool, turn out.
Line a baking sheet with non stick paper.
Cook sugar in frying pan on medium high heat.
Let sugar dissolve and start to caramelise, swirl.
Place nuts on sheet, pour caramel over.
Leave to cool completely until hard.
Decorate cheesecake with pecan brittle, drizzle with syrup.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Skittles Cheesecake 3.6/5 (173 Votes)
- Gluten Free Banana & Pecan Cake 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Oil-free mayonnaise 3.5/5 (160 Votes)
- Lithuanian Baked Cheesecake 3.6/5 (127 Votes)
- Apple and Pecan Banana cake 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
- Awesome Almond and Oats Apple... 3.4/5 (134 Votes)