Garlic Chicken & Bacon Lasagne
1/2 a Healthy Extra A & 2.5 syns per portion on Slimming World
- Fry Light spray
- 1 medium onion
- finely chopped
- Handful of mushrooms
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- chicken breast
- cut into pieces
- 4 slices of bacon
- fat cut off and chopped
- 1.5 small cartons of pasatta
- 2tsp mixed herbs
- lots of black pepper
- several dried lasagne sheets
- sachet of Asda Instant White Sauce mix
- (9.5 syns + 1 HE A
- for the milk used)
- 85gm reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- (1 Healthy Extra)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat oven to 200c/Gas Mark 7. Heat a large pan sprayed with Fry Light and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
Add the chicken and bacon then cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, pasatta and herbs. Heat through, then season with salt and pepper.
In the meantime, prepare the white sauce to the packet instructions. When it is made, add a handful of the cheese and stir through.
Spoon half of the chicken mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with sheets of lasagne. Repeat the layers. Pour the white sauce over the top of the lasagne & sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Transfer the lasagne dish to the oven and bake for 40 minutes until the topping is golden brown, bubbling and cooked through.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.