Pecan and chocolate tart
- Sweet pastry (165g plain flour
- 25g almonds
- 120g unsalted butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg)
- 80g Bournville chocolate broken into pieces
- 45g unsalted butter
- 160g granulated sugar
- 235ml golden syrup
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 235g pecan nuts
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Roll the sweet pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm thick circle. Cut a 25cm tart tin and trim off the excess. Put the pastry in the fridge to chill.
For the filling, put the chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan simmering water. Leave to melt and then set aside to cool slightly.
In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and golden syrup. Bring slowly to the boil, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool a little.
Beat the eggs together lightly in a large bowl. Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture and whisk until smooth. Now very slowly pour in the hot sugar syrup mixture in a thin trickle, whisking all the time. Keep going until the all the syrup in incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Add the vanilla extract and stir in the pecans. Set aside to cool.
Heat the overn to 180C. Put the chilled pastry case on a baking tray. Pour the pecan filling into the case and bake for about 40 minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling is set.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (450 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (155 Votes)
- Gluten Free Banana & Pecan Cake 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Chocolate and Pear Tart 3.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Romantic Chocolate Kissing Pie 3.7/5 (119 Votes)
- Apple and Pecan Banana cake 4.2/5 (76 Votes)