Almond, Lemon and Ricotta Tart
This recipe was shown to me by my Italian housemates whilst I was living in Naples, I'd never used ricotta much before, but it made a lasting impression on me with this dessert.
- 250g blanched almonds
- 65g plain white flour (or '00' Italian Flour if you can find it)
- Finely grated zest of 7 lemons and the juice of 3 lemons
- 225g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 250g caster sugar
- 6 seperated eggs
- 300g fresh ricotta
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 150 degrees celsius.
Butter and line a 25cm cake tin with baking paper.
Pour the ricotta into a bowl and whisk it up with a fork. Coarsely chop the almonds, combine with the sifted flour and the lemon zest.
Beat the butter and the sugar together in a bowl until the mixture is very light and fluffy, add the egg yolks one by one. Then add the almond mixture and fold everything together.
In the ricotta bowl, add the lemon juice and stir it in. Take the egg whites and beat until they form stiff peaks when you take the whisk out. Fold the egg whites into the almond mix and finally stir in the ricotta.
Spoon the cake mix into the prepared tin, and brake in the oven for 40 minutes. The cake is ready when a fork comes out clean after testing it, and the top is a golden colour.
Cool and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Strawberry Tart 3.5/5 (202 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Mini Sweetheart Apple Tarts 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (92 Votes)