Simple and light lemon meringue tart
- A shortcrust pastry
- 1/2 litre of whole milk
- 30g flour
- 10g cornflour
- 75g of sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- Zest of one untreated lemon
- Juice of one lemon (or half depending on taste)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Pre-cook the pastry at 160°C.
Mix the egg yolks with the sugar, flour and cornstarch in a bowl.
Finely peel the lemon and boil the milk with the zest.
Off the heat, remove the peel, pour the hot milk mixture into the bowl. Mix with a whisk. It will still be a liquid.
Squeeze the lemon into the bowl having removed the seeds first. Add sugar if necessary.
Remove the pastry from the oven. Pour in the lemon cream. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 160°C.
Beat the egg whites until stiff with sugar (50 grams for 1 egg white) and spread on top of the baked tart. Brown under the grill as little or as crispy as you like.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (392 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (91 Votes)
- Oil-free mayonnaise 3.5/5 (160 Votes)
- Light chocolate cake 4.3/5 (19 Votes)