Summer feta and green veg lasagne
A lasagne full of gorgeous summery flavours and topped with pretty asparagus tips
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- Half a 30g tin anvhovies
- Load of asparagus
- tips left intact and rest chopped
- 4 spring onions
- Few handfuls peas
- Few handfuls spinach
- 300ml single cream
- Bunch of fresh mint
- Grated zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 blocks of feta
- Bit of veg stock if necessary (I used Veg oxo cubes in boiled water)
- Lasagne sheets
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/190 degrees.
Fry the garlic, anchovies, asparagus (leaving tips aside) and spring onions in oil for a few minutes then add the peas and spinach and continue frying for a few minutes. Add the cream, mint, lemon zest and feta and continue cooking/stirring for a few minutes. Add a little veg stock if you think it needs more liquid. Add salt (not much as feta is naturally salty) and pepper.
To make the white sauce for the topping, melt the butter in a saucepan on a low heat then add the flour until it is like a thick paste. Slowly and gradually add the milk until it has a creamy sauce like consistency. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Alternatively just use shop-bought white sauce.
Put half of the veg and feta mixture in a large oven proof dish, cover with lasagne sheets, then put in the second half of the mixture and the rest of the lasagne sheets. Top with the white sauce, a sprinkling of parmesan or grated cheddar and the asparagus tips. Cook the lasagne for approx 50 mins, until the topping is golden brown and a knife slides easily in.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (195 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (168 Votes)