Summer tart with spinach, beaufort and comté cheese
By Camille , blog Gourmandises de Camille
- For the pastry: (with a dough mixer)
- 50g butter (to lighten the batter) otherwise 75gr
- 150g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50g of warm water
- For the filling:
- 1.2 kg fresh spinach
- 45g grated Comté
- 45g grated Beaufort
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche or soya cream
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- A pinch of nutmeg
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Wash and stem the spinach and cook it in a pan of hot water. It's best to cook the spinach in three separate quantities, transferring it each time into a colander to let it drain. Raw spinach is very bulky, but when cooked the volume will reduce quite a lot.
In a food processor, mix together the eggs, grated comté, beaufort, creme fraiche, salt, pepper, nutmeg.
Squeeze the spinach to drain all the remaining water.
Add the spinach to the food processor and mix the whole for 30 seconds until smooth.
Roll out the pastry onto baking paper, place in a flan tin and garnish with the filling.
Bake for 35/40 mins at 200°C. Serve with a side salad. The tart can be eaten either hot or cold and can be prepared the night before.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (197 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (185 Votes)
- Spinach, Mozzarella & Ricotta... 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- Light Spinach Flan without pastry 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- Fondue Savoyarde 4/5 (21 Votes)