Chicken in lemon recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.
Top rated Chicken in lemon recipes
Chicken skewers with lemon and tarragon
Cut the chicken breasts in half and then in fairly large chunks
- 5 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- fresh tarragon
- 500 ml of double cream
Chicken in Lemon and Yoghurt
For Frances and Ben, in anticipation of your first visit to see us in Hereford - can't wait and have practised this
- * I chicken
- * 2 tsp paprika
- * juice of 3 lemons
- * 1 tsp saffron strands
- * 2 tbsp hot water
- * 4 tsp coriander seeds
- * 2 tsp cumin seeds
- * 1 tsp ground turmeric
- * 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- * 2 tbsp garam masala
- * 3/4 pt natural yoghurt
- * 2 tbsp oil
- * 5 cloves garlic
- * 2.5 cm ginger root
- * 1 green chilli
- Cut slits all over the chicken and put it into a generous sized baking tin. Rub with salt and paprika and squeeze the lemon juice over. Leave to marinate for 30 mins. Meanwhile soak the saffron strands in the hot water for 15 mins.
- Dry roast the coriander and cumin seeds
- chilli powder and garam masala for 1 min. Purée the yoghurt
- saffron + water and dry spice mix in a blender. Spread this mixture over the chicken
- cover with foil and leave to marinate in the fridge overnight or longer if you want.
- Heat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F/ gas mark 6. Remove the foil from the chicken and re-baste with the marinade. Roast the chicken in the pre-heated oven for 15 mins
- then lower the temperature to 180 C/ 350 F/ gas mark 4
- and cook for another 30 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Yum yum!