- 1 x pack of ready rolled puff pastry
- Olive oil
- Fillings of your choice - sundried tomato and basil is nice
- or just plain Boursin. Ham and cheese? Stilton and walnut? Pesto
- parmesan and pine nuts? Spinach and feta? If its a good flavour combination
- it will work here!
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Lay the puff pastry on a board and place the toppings on top! If you are using things like spinach then it will need to be cooked first (and the excess water squeezed out).
Once all the toppings are spaced out evenly, turn the pastry so it is horizontally in front of you and begin to roll the entire closest edge into a spiral (as if you were making a Swiss roll). Stop when you get to the middle.
Turn the pastry around and repeat with the opposite side until both rolls of pastry have met. Take a sharp knife and cut slices off of the now one roll, approx 1 cm thick. Lay on a baking sheet and press down lightly with you your fingers, then sprinkle with olive oil.
Bake in the oven for approx 10 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Serve and enjoy! These can also be made with sweet fillings for pudding, just sprinkle a good helping of icing sugar over before they go in the oven!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (454 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (216 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Gorgeous gingerbread men 3.6/5 (170 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Salmon en croute 4.7/5 (39 Votes)