A creation for the sweet toothed!
- 100g plain flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 40g unsalted butter
- 120ml whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 35mins
Cost Average budget
1. Preheat the oven to 170C
Weigh out the flour ,cocoa powder,sugar,baking powder,salt and butter and mis them together until everything is combined.
Whisk the milk,egg,and vanilla extract together in a jug ,then slowly pour about half into the flour mixture,beat to combine and turn the mixer up to high speed. Continue mixing for a couple more minutes until the mixture is smooth.Do not over mix.
Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until two-thirds full and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes,or until the sponge bounces back when touched.A skewer inserted in the center should come out clean.Leave the cupcakes to coll slightly in the tray before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (262 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (168 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (168 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (146 Votes)