Savoury palmiers recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.
Top rated Savoury palmiers recipes
Festive Savoury Palmiers
By selmastable, Selma's Table
Quick and easy savoury pastries
- 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry – they range from 320 g – 375 g depending on the brand.
- 300g of sausage meat – either de-skin some sausages
- use sausage meat or at this time of year you can use some ready made festive stuffing
- 1 handful of chopped (cooked) chestnuts. Save the rest for the sprouts on Christmas Day.
- 1 finely chopped banana shallot or a medium onion
- 1 handful of dried cranberries
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves stripped from their stalks
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 beaten egg for glazing
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- 1 x pack of ready rolled puff pastry
- Olive oil
- Fillings of your choice - sundried tomato and basil is nice
- or just plain Boursin. Ham and cheese? Stilton and walnut? Pesto
- parmesan and pine nuts? Spinach and feta? If its a good flavour combination
- it will work here!