Chestnut recipes - 6 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.
Top rated Chestnut recipes
Festive Savoury Palmiers
By selmastable, Selma's Table
Quick and easy savoury pastries
- 1 sheet of ready rolled puff pastry – they range from 320 g – 375 g depending on the brand.
- 300g of sausage meat – either de-skin some sausages
- use sausage meat or at this time of year you can use some ready made festive stuffing
- 1 handful of chopped (cooked) chestnuts. Save the rest for the sprouts on Christmas Day.
- 1 finely chopped banana shallot or a medium onion
- 1 handful of dried cranberries
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves stripped from their stalks
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 beaten egg for glazing
Chestnut and chocolate pudding
By Céline Hubinois
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (gas mark 4)
By Maurice B.
The night before: Mix 500g of seived sugar in 125g of water to make a thick syrupy liquid - thick but liquid enough...
- 1 tin chestnuts in syrup
- icing sugar
Pumpkin soup with chestnuts
Place all the ingredients in a pressure cooker except the chestnuts about 7 minutes with water, covering the ingred...
Capon with chestnuts
Cut the onion into small cubes
- 1 leg of capon
- 200 ml chicken stock
- 50 ml of white wine
- 1 tin of chestnuts
- 1 onion
- A little flour
Pear soup with chestnut cream and cinnamon
Keep a pear aside for the end, peel the others, removing the cores and seeds