Fish in Pineapple and Tomato Sauce
A typical recipe from the North-East of Brazil
- 2 pounds of white fish fillet
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 grated onion
- 1 tomato cut into small cubes
- 1 pound of pineapple cut into small cubes
- 1 carrot cut into small cubes
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Season the fish with salt and pepper and fry it in the olive oil. If you want the fish tender, careful not to overcook it.
For the sauce: brown the onion in the olive oil, along with some black pepper. Add the tomato paste and the chopped tomato and bring to a boil.
Once the tomato is cooked, add the carrot and the pineapple.
Boil on low heat until the sauce looks consistent, about 15 minutes.
To serve, place the fish in large serving dish and cover with the tomato sauce.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (235 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.