Teriyaki Chicken and Shiitake Mushrooms
Stir-fried Teriyaki Chicken and Shiitake Mushrooms, great with hot steamed rice or noodles!
- 200g deboned and diced chicken thigh
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 thin slices ginger
- 3 tbsp Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- (optional) 1 pinch toasted sesame seeds
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare the chicken and marinade with garlic, ginger and Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade, in a zip-lock bag. Place it in the fridge for about an hour.
Rehydrate the mushrooms in some hot water, steeping them until soft through, before slicing them into strips. This can be done right after the chicken goes into the fridge.
In a hot skillet with vegetable oil, fry the chicken on high heat, browning the chunks along the way. Splash an additional tablespoon of the teriyaki marinade, if you want.
Add in the mushrooms and stir.
Put the lid on for about a minute before serving it piping hot, with steamed Japanese rice.
Don't forget to cook two servings of rice or noodles to go with this!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (166 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagne 4.2/5 (78 Votes)
- Leek,onion and mushroom pie 3.8/5 (112 Votes)