Sriracha Fried Rice
An easy way to use up leftover rice... adapted from http://appetiteforchina.com/recipes/sriracha-fried-rice
- 2 tbsp peanut/vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger (chopped)
- 5-6 mushrooms (caps
- 1/2 cup frozen peas/green beans
- 3 cups cold
- leftover rice/ 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1-3 tbsp Sriracha sauce (depending on what you can handle!)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Ground pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Boil your peas or beans. If using uncooked rice, put it cooking now. Otherwise, you can break the uncooked rice into smaller clumps and toss it in later.
Heat a wok or large saucepan until a bead of water sizzles and evaporates on contact. Add oil and swirl to coat base.
Add ginger and garlic, cooking for approx. 30 seconds until aromatic.
Add mushrooms and stir fry for a minute.
Toss in the rice, breaking up any clumps. Drain and add peas/beans. Stir fry for about 2 minutes until rice is golden.
Stir in Sriracha and soy sauce. Add pepper to taste.
Transfer to bowls and serve.
Add some meat to make a heartier meal of it! Add in as you would to a normal stir fry.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (156 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.