Roasted vegetable lasagne
- 3 red peppers
- 2 aubergines
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- plus a dash for baking
- 1 small tin tomato sauce
- Equal quantity white sauce as tomato sauce
- 300g fresh pack lasagne sheets
- 125g mozzarella
- Half a dozen cherry tomatoes
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 200°C for a fan oven or 180]C/gas mark 6. Remove the seeds from the peppers and slice into large strips.
Cut off the tips of the aubergines and cut into slices about half a cm thick. Pour a little olive oil onto 2 large baking trays, add the peppers and aubergines and stir to cover in the oil. Season with salt and pepper and ^place in the oven for 25 mins until lightly browned.
Reduce the oven to 180°C/fan or 160°C/gas mark 4. Lightly oil an ovenproof a large dish.
Arrange a layer of the roasted vegetables in the dish. Cover with a third of the tomato sauce, add a layer of lasagne sheets, cover with a quarter of white sauce. Repeat until you have 3 layers of pasta.
To finish, drizzle the remaining quarter of white sauce over the pasta, making sure the whole surface is covered. Add chopped pieces of mozzarella on the top with the cherry tomatoes. Bake for 45 mins until bubbling and golden.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.7/5 (166 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Creamy salmon and veggie pasta 3.4/5 (165 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.