Roasted vegetable lasagne
This is a hearty, vegetable lasagne, but even meat-eaters will adore this lasagne recipe. Serve the lasagne with green salad and light mustard dressing and French baguette bread.
- 50g/16 oz courgettes
- 1 aubergine
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 kg firm
- ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves
- Pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2x125g/4½ oz low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 150g/5¼ oz fresh lasagne sheets
- 100g/3½ oz freshly grated parmesan
- or similar vegetarian hard cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Roughly slice the courgettes and aubergine and coat in a little olive oil. Meanwhile heat a ridged pan, and grill until each side until chargrilled, then remove. You'll have to grill the veg in batches so they are evenly spread on the pan.
Preheat the oven to 190°C, Gas 5. Grease a large baking dish with oil. Place a layer of 1/3 of the tomatoes, sliced, on the bottom, slightly overlapping.
Add a layer with half of the courgette and aubergine slices. Sprinkle with half the chopped garlic and one tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
Sprinkle over half of the chopped basil leaves and season with salt and pepper.
Add a layer of mozzarella slices on top (about half), then cover with half the lasagne sheets.
Repeat with the rest of the ingredients, ending with a layer of tomatoes on top. Sprinkle over with parmesan.
Bake for 35-40 minutes with a sheet of tin foil on top. Remove the foil and bake another five minutes until the parmesan has browned. Place under the grill for 2 minutes for a crispy golden top.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Corned Beef Surprise 4.4/5 (68 Votes)
- Beef stew 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
- Courgette Cream Soup 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
- Pan roast rib of beef with thyme... 3/5 (124 Votes)