Mexican Bean Stew
A cheap and quick dish which is not only healthy but delicious!
- 1 white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- tin of mixed beans [kidney
- tomato pasata
- chicken stock
- half a stick chorizo [optional]
- chilli flakes [to taste]
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Chop onion and fry this off with the garlic for a few minutes.
Chop the chorizo and fry this off for a few minutes in a seperate frying pan.
Drain the mixed beans and add this to the pan.
After a few minutes add the tomato pasata and chorizo.
Melt stock in 50ml water and add this.
Leave to simmer for 10 minutes [or until beans are soft]
Add chilli flakes to taste.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (234 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
- Beef stew 3.4/5 (145 Votes)
- Healthy homemade thai prawn curry 3.7/5 (120 Votes)
- Beef and Guinness Stew 3.4/5 (135 Votes)