- 100g self-raising flour
- 25g margarine
- 25g caster sugar
- 1/2 egg
- 100ml milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Pre-heat oven to 220C and flour a baking tray.
Sieve flour into baking bowl and rub in margarine until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Stir in sugar.
Using a round bladed knife, mix in egg and enough milk to form a firm dough.
Turn out onto a floured board and knead lightly. Using scone cutters, cut out scones and place on floured baking tray. Gather dough, re-knead and cut out scones until all dough has been used.
Bake in oven until well risen and when tapped with finger, scone sounds hollow.
Remove from oven and cool on a wire cooling tray.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (454 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Cherry and Marzipan Scones 3.6/5 (150 Votes)
- Breakfast Scones 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Perfect Tea Biscuits: Shortbread... 3.7/5 (82 Votes)
- Shortbread 4.3/5 (26 Votes)