Cinnamon swirl banana bread
- 3 over-ripe mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- For the swirl:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 170c. Butter and line a loaf pan.
Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla together. Sift flour, baking powder and
salt together and gently fold into the banana mixture. Be careful not to over-mix!
In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 Tbs cinnamon.
Add 1/3 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle half of the cinnamon and
sugar all over the batter in the pan.
Add another 1/3 of batter and scatter the remaining sugar and cinnamon mixture,
retaining a little sugar mixture.
Add the rest of the batter, and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar on top.
Bake for 40-45 minutes.
This same recipe can be used to make 12 muffins, you just need to adjust the cooking times accordingly.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Mixed Spice Biscuits 3/5 (187 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)