irish soda bread
A quick bread that can be used at anytime of day
- 450g plain flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1tso baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 350ml buttermilk
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 230 celcius.
In a bowl add the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt then mix to combine.
Slowly add the buttermilk to the flour mixture mixing together with a wooden spoon until it is all combine.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Turn the dough on to the tray and make a x with a knife on top
Bake in oven on a middle shelf for 30 mins. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool then cut and serve.
If you dont have buttermilk to can make it by added 1tbsp of white vinger to normal milk and stand for 5 minutes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (236 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (163 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)