Clonakilty "Hot Dawg"
One of our favourite recipes for using our Clonakilty Traditional Sausages in, the humble but incredibly moreish Hot Dawg!
It's not really a recipe but more a quick fix for hunger pangs and a welcome addition to any BBQ, Irish or proper when the sun does actually come out!
- 1 Packet of Clonakilty Traditional Irish Pork Sausages (6 sausages in a packet)
- Some really good quality bread
- we love Arbutus Bread from Cork which is available in the English Market in Cork City.
- Some Irish Onions
- Irish Rapeseed Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- and whatever condiments you like to put on your Hot Dawg
- we think that you can't go wrong with American style mustard and ketchup!
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Light a BBQ and get yourself a cool drink, if it's a scorcher of a day.
Take your Clonakilty Traditional Irish Pork Sausages to the BBQ and cook slowly over a medium heat.
***Top Tip*** Pre-cook your sausages in boiling water for a few minutes to ensure they are fully cooked on the BBQ but not char-coaled on the outside.
Finely Slice your onions and cook with a little rapeseed oil, salt and pepper over a medium heat and cook until translucent.
Cut open your chosen bread with enough room for all that is about to go into it.
Fill with a layer of the beautifully caramelised onions, top with a succulent BBQ'd Clonakilty Traditional Irish Sausage and cover with as much or as little sauce as you like!