Banana cake with nuts
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 100g butter
- 150g brown cane sugar
- 160g self raising flour
- 30g of nuts
- 1 handful of pearl sugar
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 170 °. Butter a loaf tin. Peel and mash the bananas. Melt the butter over low heat.
Separate the whites from the yolks. Beat the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt.
Whisk the yolks with the brown cane sugar. Add the mashed banana, flour, melted butter, a handful of pearl sugar and the coarsely crushed walnuts (keep four nuts for decoration).
Fold in the egg whites to the mixture with a spatula and pour into the tin.
Bake for 25 minutes at 170 ° and place the four nuts in the centre. Continue to cook for another 20 minutes at 170 °. Prick the centre with a knife - it should come out dry. Leave to cool and serve cold.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Apple and Pecan Banana cake 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
- Banana Split Cake (competition) 3.5/5 (100 Votes)
- Mini chocolate banana cakes 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Banana cake in the microwave 4.2/5 (34 Votes)