Trio of Chocolate Mousse
My two favourite things chocolate & booze.
- 375ml of Double Cream
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 100g Milk Chocolate
- 100g White Chocolate
- 75g Unsalted Butter (Divided into 3x 25g pieces)
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 Splash of Drambuie
- 20g Grated Chocolate (for topping)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Whip the cream untill firm and place in the fridge to cool.
Melt the 3 types of chocolate separately then add the butter with each chocolate and let it melt - DO NOT STIR. Once melted take off the heat and allow to cool slightly.
When the chocolate reaches about body temp stir in the egg yolk. If the chocolate is too hot the egg will scramble).
Divide the whipped cream evenly into 3 bowls add the chocolate and fold together with a spatula. Add the slash of Drambuie to the white chocolate before adding to the cream.
Now you have your 3 types of mousse. Then add each flavour into glasses in layers with the white chocolate Drambuie in the middle.
Place into the fridge to cool for about 2 hours before severing with some grated chocolate on the top.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (462 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- Blackcurrant Cheesecake 3.1/5 (197 Votes)
- MARS BAR SQUARES 3.4/5 (140 Votes)
- Romantic Chocolate Kissing Pie 3.7/5 (119 Votes)
- Chocolate & berry mousse pots 3.7/5 (116 Votes)
- Chocolate Delight 3.4/5 (137 Votes)
- White Chocolate Shell Vanilla... 3.3/5 (131 Votes)