smooth chocolate mousse for two
A lovely chocolate treat for valentines day, indulgent yet affordable.
- 500g chocolate i use dairy milk mixed with Asda smartprice chocolate. Can be done with a mix of terrys chocolate orange instead for an orange twist but not with galaxy or cooking chocolate i found these didn't taste very good.
- a large pot of double cream.
- a dash of milk.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Break up for chocolate into a plastic bowl, smallest pieces you can.
Melt this chocolate over a pan of hot water on the cooker.
Once melted take chocolate off the hot water, give a few seconds to cool slightly.
Add all the cream and whisk straight away.
Add a dash of milk into the cream pot, swill that around and add to the mousse mix. Whisk straight away.
Whisk as much as you can to add air then put into glasses for presentation. The more per person the heavier it will be so i suggest for valentines day use half pint glasses add whipped cream but for a normal pudding i used small whiskey glasses and you get eight small glasses or four big glasses.
Add decoration if desired such as sprinkles or coco powder.
Always whisk straight away and mix around the edges or the chocolate will set under the cold cream
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (462 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (257 Votes)
- Blackcurrant Cheesecake 3.1/5 (197 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (149 Votes)