Mam's Bara brith cake
Lovely Welsh cake perfect with a slather of butter.
- 6oz Currants
- 6 oz Sultanas
- 8oz Dark Soft Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Pint strained Hot Tea
- 10oz Self Raising Flour
- 2 Teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 1 egg Beaten
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Average budget
Soak Currants sultanas and sugar in hot tea overnight.
Add egg, flour and cinnamon and pour in to a greased and lined loaf tin.
Cook for one and a half hours at 160 Degrees.
Cover with greaseproof paper and take off for the last half hour for a moist cake.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (242 Votes)
- Yeasty Plum Cake 4/5 (71 Votes)
- Potato and leek soup with spring... 3.9/5 (76 Votes)
- Homemade Chocolate Candy Bars 3.6/5 (98 Votes)
- sticky toffee pudding 3.3/5 (126 Votes)
- Gingerbread men 3.4/5 (97 Votes)
- Fruit & spice soda bread 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Nanny's Bara Brith 3/5 (122 Votes)