Festive raisin and rum cake
- - 150 g butter
- softened (+ 15g for the tin)
- - 150 g of sugar
- - 200 g of flour
- - 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- - 150 g sultanas
- - 5 cl of rum
- - 1 teaspoon baking powder
- - 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- - 1/2 tsp of 4 spices
- - 1 pinch of salt
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Put the raisins in a small saucepan with the rum. Heat on low heat. Remove from the heat and flambé. Cover and set aside.
In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture is creamy. Add a whole egg and two yolks (reserve both whites), mixing briskly. Add the sifted flour with the cocoa, cinnamon, 4 spices and raisins with the rum and finally the yeast.
Preheat the oven to gas mark 7 (210 °). Mount the 2 egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt. Incorporate them into the dough without worrying about them collapsing.
Pour into a buttered tin. Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. Lower the heat to gas mark 6 and bake for 35 minutes.
Remove from the tin, place on a rack and leave to cool. Serve sprinkled with cocoa.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Christmas fougasse bread 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Rum Cake Balls 3.7/5 (111 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Christmas Truffles with Amaretto 4/5 (99 Votes)
- Christmas mini-logs with orange... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Christmas Yule Log Cake 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Christmas Cake 4.4/5 (20 Votes)