Chicken Fried Rice
- 400g long grain white rice
- 4 rashers thinly sliced bacon
- 2 thinly cut spring onions
- 2 eggs
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbs oil
- soy sauce
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place the rice in boiling water.
Simmer for 15 mins.
Drain rice, cool with cold water, then drain again.
Place in fridge for 4/5 hrs.
After 4/5 hrs - Cook chicken breasts in oven at 180C for 30 mins.
While chicken is cooking, heat wok until very warm.
Add 2 tbs of oil and wait until hot.
Put rice in and flatten down with spatula so all rice gets cooked.
Beat 2 eggs together in bowl and add a pinch of pepper.
Add mixture to middle of rice, keep stiring until rice absorbs eggs.
Put strips of bacon in rice, keep stiring.
Add thinly cut spring onions and splash of soy sauce.
Once chicken has cooked slice into strips and add to wok.
Stir in and cook for a few minutes.
Add soy sauce to taste.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (232 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (146 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.4/5 (147 Votes)
- Mackerel Fried Rice 3.3/5 (144 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.