- 450g chicken
- blitzed in a food processor until minced
- 55g bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50g feta cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat an outdoor barbecue for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grid.
Mix the chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt and pepper together in a bowl; form the mixture into 5 burgers. Divide the feta cheese between the 5 burgers; place a portion of the feta cheese atop each burger and fold the chicken mixture around the cheese so that the cheese is in the centre.
Cook on the preheated barbecue until no longer pink on the inside and the juices run clear, 5 to 7 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the centre should read 75 degrees C.
Alternative cooking methods
Cook the burgers in a frying pan or on the grill.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Chicken and Mediterranean bake 5/5 (66 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (157 Votes)
- Pulled pork 3.5/5 (147 Votes)
- Feta and tomato omlette 3.3/5 (144 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.