Yeasty Plum Cake
This cake is perfect for a grey rainy day, when everything you want is a melt-in-the-mouth delicate piece of cake and a mug of caffe latte.
The most delicious is savouring by fluffy cake with moisty acidic plums with somebody else.
- - 500 g flour
- - 250 ml milk
- - 40 g yeast
- - 150 g sugar
- - 100 g butter
- - 4 egg yolks
- - 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- - pinch of salt
- - about 1 kg of plums
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Clean and pit all plums and cut into halves or quarters.
Melt butter and leave until it's cool down.
The yeast and the sugar combine with the warm milk, add 150 g flour and mix. leve the dough to rise about 1,5 - 2h.
Cream the egg yolks with the rest of sugar, the reast of flour, salt and vanilla sugar.
Combine these two mixtures and knead the dough with cooled butter.
Leave the dough to rise.
Put the dought into the greased form. Tuck some pieces of plums onto the dough and the rest put on the top.
Bake for about 50 min in 180*C.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Cherry clafoutis with mint 4.8/5 (40 Votes)
- Plum Muffins 3.4/5 (102 Votes)
- Cottage cheese pancakes 3.4/5 (87 Votes)
- Christmas Cake 4.4/5 (20 Votes)