Healthy banana bread
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1tp baking soda
- 120ml yogurt
- 1 egg
- 160g brown sugar
- 60ml oil
- 1tp vanilla extract
- 130g self-raising flour
- 65g whole wheat flour
- 1tp baking powder
- 1/4 tp salt
- 1/2 tp ground cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 180oC. Grease loaf tin with butter.
Mash the bananas with a fork.
Add baking soda and yogurt and mix well.
Whisk the egg in another bowl. Add in brown sugar, oil and vanilla extract and mix well.
In another bowl, mix in flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon together.
Mix the wet ingredients together.
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour the batter into the loaf tin.
Bake for 45-50min. Cool for 15min before serving.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (455 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Gluten Free Banana & Pecan Cake 3.5/5 (144 Votes)