- (basic recipe)
- 200g self raising flour
- 50g butter
- 125ml milk
- 50g sugar
- 75g flavouring
- 75g flavourings
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat the oven to Gas mark 7/220'C.
Grease the baking tray/put in grease proof paper.
Sieve the flour into a bowl with the butter (+sugar) and rub until it look like breadcrumbs.
Stir in the flavourings.
Slowly add the milk stirring while doing so until the dough is soft but not sticky.
Roll the dough so it has a thickness of 1/2cm then cut the dough and place on the baking tray.
Brush each scone with a little milk to glaze.
Bake for 12-15 minutes in the oven until golden brown.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (242 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Perfect Tea Biscuits: Shortbread... 3.7/5 (85 Votes)
- Nanny's Bara Brith 3/5 (122 Votes)
- Shortbread 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Oscar's squashy apple scones 3.1/5 (83 Votes)
- Christmas shortbread with almonds 3.6/5 (63 Votes)