Plum & cinnamon oat slices
This is really an all-fruit recipe – it's exceptionally good with plums, but also with fresh or dried no-soak apricots, or apples, raspberries and blueberries; in fact you can add whatever is in season
- 450g fresh plums (or whatever fruit being used)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g porridge oats
- 275g plain wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 225g butter
- 110g light brown soft sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat the oven to 200c (fan 180c).
Cut all the plums in half, around and through their natural line, give a little twist to separate the halves and remove the stones, then cut them into thin slices. Now place them in a bowl and toss them around with the cinnamon.
Next mix the flour and porridge oats together with the salt in a mixing bowl, then melt the butter and sugar in a small saucepan over a fairly gentle heat, stirring from time to time until the butter has melted. Now mix the melted butter and sugar with the oat mixture, starting with a wooden spoon but finishing off with your hands so you end up with a lump of dough.
Now halve the dough and press one half of the mixture into the baking tin, pressing it firmly all over the base with your hands like a wall-to-wall carpet. Next scatter the plums evenly over the surface, then top with the remaining oat mixture, again pressing down firmly.
Now place the tin on the centre shelf of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or a bit longer if you like the top really crispy. Then remove the tin from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before marking into 15 squares then leave to cool completely in the tin.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Santa Melting Moments 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Raspberry Rose Cupcakes 3.9/5 (123 Votes)
- Sweet Dreamy Romantic Raspberry... 3.4/5 (155 Votes)
- Raspberry tart 3.8/5 (148 Votes)
- Papaya and Lime Frosties 3.3/5 (124 Votes)