Perfect Victoria Sponge
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g Stork
- 175g self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- Double cream (for whipping)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Butter two 20cm sandwich tins and line with greaseproof paper.
Beat together 175g of butter and 175g of caster sugar until the mix is pale and fluffy.
Now beat in three eggs, one at a time, then fold in 175g of sifted self-raising flour.
Pour the mixture into the tins and bake for 20 minutes, or until firm.
When cool, remove, and sandwich together with your favourite filling.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (456 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Fish with leeks 3.7/5 (171 Votes)
- Pumpkin and cinnamon jam 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- French Calissons (almost) like in... 3.6/5 (153 Votes)
- Recipe: Courgette and Apple Jam,... 3.5/5 (134 Votes)