Ricotta and Herb Ravioli with Sage Butter and Pine Nuts
- 100 g 00 flour
- plus extra for dusting and rolling
- 1 egg
- 0.5 tsp olive oil
- 100 g ricotta
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 25 g Parmesan
- plus extra shavings to serve
- 40 g butter
- 6 sage leaves
- 5 g pine nuts
- squeeze of lemon juice
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix four in food processor, add egg and oil, pulse until resembling breadcrumbs, tip into bowl, form into a ball of dough, transfer to a lightly floured surface, knead until smooth. wrap in clingfilm, rest for 20 mins.
Mix ricotta, herbs and Parmesan in bowl, season.
Cut dough in half, roll each piece in a pasta machine, dusting with flour to prevent sticking. Pass through thickest setting 3 times, folding each sheet into 3 each time, then reduce the settings, until you have a thin, almost transparent sheet, measuring approx 9 cm by 85 cm. Cut the sheet in half. Repeat with remaining dough. Lay sheets onto a board dusted with flour.
Place 5 tsp of ricotta mix along 2 of the sheers, leaving a gap between each dollop. Brush a little water around the mix, then loosely cover each piece with the remaining pasta. working quickly, seal the sheets, by pressing around the filling, extraction any air. Cut into squares to make 10 ravioli.
Bring pan of salted water to boil. Gently lower the ravioli in using a slotted spoon, cook 3-5 mins/until rising to surface.
Melt butter in pan until foaming, add sage leaves, turning, stir in nuts, season, remove from heat.
remove the ravioli with a slotted spoon, drain well, serve with butter drizzled over, a squeeze of lemon, and Parmesan shavings.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- Meatballs and Mustard Mash 3.8/5 (111 Votes)
- Ryan's Tomato Pasta 4.3/5 (71 Votes)
- Spinach, Mozzarella & Ricotta... 4.4/5 (56 Votes)