Nutty Turkey Curry
Not so spicy version of a delicious curry, suitable for those who love curries but not the calories or the spice. Recipe originally taken from BBC Good Food but changed a little for my own tastes and requirements.
- Roughly Chopped Inch of Ginger
- Half an Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 leaves fine chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Turkey Steaks
- cut into chunks
- 2 and a half tbsp peanut butter
- 75ml Chicken Stock
- 100g Greek Yogurt (Low Fat)
- 2 tsp Mild Curry Powder
- Half cup mixed veg (or however much you need)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Add Onion, Ginger, Garlic and half the curry powder to a food processor. Whizz till a paste, adding a splash of water if needed.
Heat the olive oil in a pan, brown the meat then stir in paste, adding peanut butter, stock and yoghurt. Add remaining curry powder and cook until sauce is bubbling, cook for 10 minutes or until the meat is cooked and sauce has thickened.
Serve with rice or mashed sweet potato.
358 Calories + Rice
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Thai style turkey burgers with... 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Mason Jar Turkey Cranberry Salad 4.8/5 (49 Votes)
- Healthy homemade thai prawn curry 3.7/5 (118 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Macaroons 4.1/5 (69 Votes)
- Best EVER Peanut Butter Cookie... 3.4/5 (126 Votes)
- Smooth Moves 3.4/5 (121 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.