Vegan Carrot Cake
- 400g plain white flour
- 200g barley malt
- 100g corn oil
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 apple
- 2-3 grated carrots
- A handful of raisins
- A handful of walnuts (broken in pieces)
- 1 sachet of baking soda
- Pie tin of 26-28cm diameter.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
Mix all the ingredients together and miix well.
Pour into the pie tin (greased and floured).
Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Decorate how ever you like. For the lesser vegan you can powder the top with icing sugar.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Baba Ganoush 3.5/5 (151 Votes)
- Black bean brownies 4.6/5 (62 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (137 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (91 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (163 Votes)
- Carrot Pickle (Gajar Ka Achar) 4.2/5 (78 Votes)