Puff pastry pizza
- 1 x pack of ready rolled puff pastry
- 2 x tbsp of tomato purée
- 1 x tbsp of tomato ketchup
- 1 x tsp of herbes de Provence
- A topping - veg such as mushrooms
- onions and peppers work well. Or Serrano ham and rocket salad. Or tomatoes
- feta and olives. The possibilities are endless really.
- 1 x handful of grated cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Lay the puff pastry on a baking sheet and score the edges (about 1cm in from the edge) the whole way round with a knife, being careful not to cut right through the pastry.
Mix the herbs, tomato purée and tomato ketchup together and spread over the puff pastry up until the scored lines.
If having vegetables on top then fry them up in a little olive oil until just tender.
Place your choice of topping on the tomato and pastry base and sprinkle with the cheese.
Put in the oven for approx 15 mins or until the pastry is cooked and the cheese is golden brown.
Cut into slices and dig in!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Shortbread Snazzles 3.6/5 (149 Votes)
- Zigeuner Sauce (Gypsy Sauce) 3.4/5 (154 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.